Curse of the Crafter

Curse of the Crafter

Monday, September 15, 2014

Design Team Submission for Country Craft Creations in Hooper



Hello!
I'm extremely excited to welcome you to my blog and share my latest project.
I was absolutely inspired after seeing The Wizard of Oz paper pad by Paper House posted on a Facebook page. Imagine my excitement when I found out the source of the was a distributor offering discount paper!!! Enter my new love affair with Country Craft Creations. After promptly receiving my order, I was pleasantly surprised to find the owner had included a package of stickers after noting my additional witch sticker I had ordered was rather small (take notes folks, this is how customer service is done right). Because I had such a wonderful experience, I felt compelled to submit my project for their current design team call. Keep your fingers crossed for me as this is a new adventure that I have been wanting to start for quite some time.  


I really love creating 3D items and interactive albums. Some really fun features in this project include:
- Album is stored inside basket
- False bottom in Dorothy's Basket to store memories or other trinkets (in all honestly I will most likely store my scraps in there to have extras on hand when I start adding photos to the album lol)
- On the last page of the mini album there are 2 smaller mini albums that slide out for additional photos or journaling.
- I used magnets to help keep some of the swing out features closed and this album can actually be hung on all wall to display your photos as well as the beautiful paper.  

The album is twelve total pages with lots of tags, flip pages and other fun interactive elements. I created this advanced project to illustrate several different construction and functional techniques for the design team to review.

I am a self-proclaimed hoarder and collector who also believes in using my stash. The most important items in this project (paper, stickers, magnets, and scortape) were purchased from Country Craft Creations. Most of the remaining items can be found at local craft stores.



Products Used for Album
- Paper House The Wizard of Oz paper pad
- Paper House The Wizard of Oz stickers
- BasicGrey Small Magnetic Discs
- Recollections Flower Embellishments
- Michaels Photo Frame
- Tim Holtz Memo Pins
- Creative Metal by Walter Hallow Aluminum Sheet
- Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine Pockets
- Simple Stories Snap Studio Photo Flip Pockets
- Recollections Red and Black Glitter Paper

Products Used for Dorothy's Basket
- Paper House The Wizard of Oz paper pad
- The Paper Studio's Beach House Paper Pack
- Tim Holtz Curio Knobs
- Recollections Red Glitter Paper
- Spare Parts Lion Drawer Handles
- Sizzix Gift Bow Bigz Die

Please be sure to watch my YouTube video for a full tour!!

XOXO,
Lish

3 comments:

  1. So awesome! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisha!!... I find you! thanks to Norma Pechir.....!.. love your blog and this proyect ..more!...you are so creative my friend!...love for you and your cute little man .. ok , ok, to the big one also! ;-)

    xoxoxoxoo
    Susana aka COMMDE

    ReplyDelete