Curse of the Crafter

Curse of the Crafter

Monday, November 10, 2014

This Project is Cursed, Seriously.

Cursed Coffin Design Team Project for Country Craft Creations
(www.countrycraftcreations.com)



While I love how the final look of this project turned out, this project was one of the most difficult pieces I have ever created. I truly believe this project is cursed lol. Anything that could go wrong, did. Things that NEVER happen, happened. Things like running out of cardstock all the way to progress photos going black. Even as I type this, I am waiting on a password to reset so I can upload additional photos and videos lol.

I created the coffin piece first from some clear acrylic sheets I had in my craft room and assembled it with some silver foil tape. The coffin measures 11 inches long and 4.5 inches wide. I used Tim Holtz hitch fasteners for feet, hinges to allow the top to open, and curio knob to pull the top open. I created almost about 15 white flowers to cover the top (and also hide the magnets). I used the amazing Marion Smith Bloom Impressions Tool to mold the petals and really make the flowers look more alive.



I used black cardstock to create the base of the tag album. I created simple 8x4 envelope-type pages with the top end open to slide the tag in. Using my handy dandy Scortape made it a quick task. I used quite of few of the cut-aparts from the Wicked Time papers to really embellish the sides of the envelope pages.
   

Instead of a square or rectangle accordion shape, I created a triangles with a rounded edge to attach the envelope pages to ensure when the coffin opened the pages would spread and all the paper and pages were seen.

I covered these specialized corners with Multi-Medium Matte paste to ensure they would not crack or tear as the album was moved.

Prior to covering the two ends, I secured the Basic Grey magnets to the envelope pages and the coffin to ensure the album could be easily removed and viewed. Because this paper was so gorgeous, I made sure to include to large pages that I folded in half and slipped into the two ends. Lots of room for extra photos or journaling.

Below is a short video tour of the project showing how it opens, closes, and the album being removed and displayed.



I hope you enjoyed the 3rd and final project for the Country Craft Creations Design Team for the month of October. I can't wait to see what Marion comes out with next. Make sure to swing by www.countrycraftcreations.com to check out the paper and supplies in stock and the clearance is amazing! (Steampunk anyone?)


XOXO,
Lish

Supplies
Marion Smith Wicked Times Paper
Scortape
Basic Grey Magnets
Marion Smith Bloom Impressions Tool
Tim Holtz Hitch Fasteners, Hinges, and Curio Knob
12x12 Acrylic Sheet
Silver Foil Tape
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium Matte
DIY Shop Chalkboard Tag
Trick or Treat, Poison, and Dentifrice embellishments from my personal stash
Halloween Ornate Tags by Jamie Koay (svg file)

No comments:

Post a Comment